International Trade, Commodities and Shipping Law
International trade, commodities and shipping represent one of our core practices. Our clients include world-wide trading companies, banks and financial institutions involved in international trade and commodities sector who value our legal expertise and industry knowledge, particularly in relation to grain, feed, oil, seeds, fat, minerals, mining, metals, and energy. Our service includes:
- Advising on international purchase & sale contracts involving multi-jurisdictional complexities
- Advising on standard trading terms and conditions under INCOTERMS, GAFTA, FOSFA and etc.
- Advising on charterparties, cargo and bills of lading, insurance claims, ship interests and affreightment disputes
- Assisting with arbitration proceedings under the ICC, LCIA, UNCITRAL, GAFTA, FOSFA and LMAA
- Advising on trade finance
- Advising on international economic sanctions and other regulatory matters in relation to international trade and commodities